Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! I am excited about all of the things that we will focus on this year! It is truly a great day to be an Eagle at The Best High School On The Planet!!!
Health & PE Mission Statement
Austin Independent School District’s Health and Physical Education Department educates students to become lifelong learners of health and wellness by participating in activities that develop behaviors which encourage healthy decision-making, appropriate social skills, and lifelong physical fitness in and outside of the educational setting.
- To pursue a lifetime of healthful physical activity, a physically literate individual:
- Has learned skills necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes proper nutrition and physical activity;
- Knows the implications of and the benefits from involvement in physical activities;
- Does include healthy habits including physical activity in daily life;
- Is fit, healthy and ready to learn;
- Values physical activity and health as they relate to a healthful lifestyle.
Austin ISD Health & Physical Education adheres to the vision of the Society of Health & Physical Educators: SHAPE America.