Welcome to the library!
Please come check out all we have to offer.
**In response to the Stay Home - Work Safe Order issued by the City of Austin and Travis County, all AISD school campuses are closed through April 13. Online learning begins April 6.
While our physical library is closed, please check out all we have to offer online through the portal.
If you have books checked out, don't worry! Keep them safe and we'll return them later. If you get overdue notices via email, ignore them. You won't be charged late fines.
Homework Haven: Monday-Thursday 4:30-6:00
- All students must sign in when entering the library. Don't forget to have your student ID visible.
- Students who are visiting during class time will need to show a library pass signed by a teacher.
- No food or drinks in the library.
- Printouts are $0.10/page. Use the first row of computers in the open lab to print.
- Students may check out up to 4 books at a time.
- Student checkout period is 2 weeks, with renewals available unless the book is on hold for someone else.
- Holds and interlibrary loans are available. Ask a library staff member for help finding the materials you need.
- No charge for late books, but lost books will incur a replacement fee.
- Replacement student ID's are available for purchase for $5. You can now pay for your ID using School Cash Online! Log in and search for "Akins ECHS Student ID Replacement".
Stay Connected! Join the library Remind to get messages about hours, closures, and special programs.
From your phone, text the number 81010. In the body of the message, type "@akinslibr"
Check out the library's hundreds of new ebooks and audiobooks on MackinVia!
We have lots of our most popular titles now available to checkout and read or listen to on your phone or chromebook.
To access the materials, login at the portal and search for MackinVia. Click on the tile, and you're all set.
Questions: ask Ms. Squires in the library
Austin Public Library cards are here! If you didn't receive one in advisory, please come to the Akins library for assistance.