ESSAYS ARE THEY MOST IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR APPLICATION!!!
Since colleges don't have the capacity to interview every applicant, they rely on your essay to get to know you. The people reading these essays are the reps you meet in the College & Career Center who come to visit us from the colleges/universities.
Most colleges will refer to your essays when deciding whether or not to award you a scholarship. Do not think of these in the same way you would a high school essay. Think of these as your chance to convince a school that they want you on their campus!
These essays are a chance for the reader to get to know who you are...which is more than just the admissions application!
Below are the 3 topics for Apply Texas for the 2017-18 academic year cycle:
- Topic A
- What was the environment in which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood, or community, and explain how it has shaped you as a person.
- How do you handle diversity? How do you handle conflict? How do you go about solving problems? How did your environment shape your goals?
- Topic B
- Some student have an identity, an interest, or a talent that defines them in an essential way. If you are one of these students, then tell us about yourself.
- What makes you unique? How does your passion for something make you different from other students?
- Topic C
- You've got a ticket in your hand - Where will you go? What will you do? What will happen when you get there?
- This is pretty wide open. Have fun - but remember your audience and purpose!