Tours & Site Visits
Because Akins High School exemplifies the true spirit and purpose of effective Smaller Learning Communities (SLCs), there have been several studies completed by SREB. We are open to showcase our career-based SLCs. For the last few years, we have had many site visits by school districts and schools planning on implementing SLCs and/or career-based academies at their schools. For those who would like to visit Akins High School to take a closer look at effective SLCs or career-based academies, please contact Principal Tina Salazar at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also contact our Associate Principal, Manuel Garcia at (512) 841-9815 or at email@example.com. Or you may also contact Academy Coordinator, Misty Lindsey at (512) 841-9847 firstname.lastname@example.org (Contact us for details on site visit fees/logistics)
Logistics: Usually, the site visit is from 9:00am-3:30pm. Arrangements need to be made at least 2 weeks or more in advance.
Previous site visits by other schools and/or school districts:
- R.L. Turner High School, Carrollton-Farmers Branch I.S.D
- Crosby High School, Crosby I.S.D.
- Hendrickson High School, Pflugerville I.S.D.
- Atlanta, Georgia area school districts
- Gwinnet County Public Schools, Georgia (South Gwinnett High School)
- Dallas-Ft. Worth area school districts
- Glendale Public Schools, Glendale, Arkansas
- Waco I.S.D. high schools
- South Texas school districts
- Austin I.S.D. high schools
- San Antonio I.S.D. high schools
- El Paso I.S.D. (Franklin High School, Bowie High School & Coronado High School)