TSI Testing Center
Akins High School is committed to providing students with many opportunities to pass the TSI assessments
Mr. E. Paul Valdez
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a program designed to determine if a student is ready for college-level course work in the general areas of reading, writing and mathematics. This program will also help determine what type of course or intervention will best meet the student's needs and to assist in becoming better prepared for college-level course work.
Who at Akins High School takes the TSI test?
- Everyone will eventually have to take the assessments during High School, unless they exempt through another college entrance exam. (SAT or ACT)
- Early College High School students entering the program must have these completed to take ACC courses attached to the ECHS program.
- All Juniors (11th graders) before the end of the school year (Otherwise, Juniors will take Math & English College Prep classes in their senior year. These course DO NOT count as a credit for any colleges accept for Community College.
- Any student who will be taking ACC classes and/or Dual Credit courses.
- Any student that takes OnRamps courses and wishes to have TSI scores to act as exemptions during the course.