Purchase fee $30.00 cash or check
IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR AND RECEIVE A PARKING PERMIT, THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED.
Please read the following parking policies:
-The parking permit is the property of Akins H.S and must be surrendered upon request.
- The permit is only valid for the current school year and for the vehicle described above.
- Parking permits are NOT transferable to other vehicles. Vehicles found with transferred permits will be either booted or towed, and applicant’s parking privilege suspended for the year. Should applicant bring another vehicle on to the campus, applicant will either purchase another permit or apply for a Temporary Parking Permit.
- Akins is a closed campus. Applicant understands that they do not have the authority to leave campus during school hours, and that doing so may automatically revoke applicants parking privileges for 30 days. A second violation of this rule may result in a revocation of parking privileges for the remainder of the school year.
- Applicant understands the ONLY SENIORS are allowed off campus during the lunch period. If applicant transports non-senior off campus during school hours, their parking privileges will be revoked immediately.
- Parking spaced designated for faculty, handicapped and visitor parking are not to be used by students. All student vehicles will be booted if found parked in any of any areas.
- Applicant understand that Applicant cannot accrue more than three(3) tardy passes and/or have more than three (3) unexcused absences in the same semester or permit will be revoked.
- All vehicles that applicant brings on school campus must have a Parking Permit or a Temporary Parking Permit. Temporary Permit Applications are located at Main Office.
ALL STUDENTS WILL PARK IN THE PARKING LOT FACING S. 1ST STREET. NO PARKING IS ALLOWED BEHIND THE SCHOOL GYM, CAFETERIA, AND PORTABLE AREA. I ALSO UNDERSTAND I WILL BE TOWED (at my own expense) WITHOUT NOTICE IF Policies ARE VIOLATED!
APPLICANT UNDERSTANDS THAT THE SPEED LIMIT IN THE PARKING LOT IS TEN (10) MILES PER HOUR, AND THAT APPLICANT MUST DRIVE WITHIN THE DESIGNED FLOW OF TRAFFIC, AS WELL AS ADHERE TO ALL TRAFFICE SIGNS AND DIRECTIONS GIVEN BY AKINS PERSONNEL.
Violation of any of the above listed school parking policies are subject to your vehicle being booted, fines assessed, detention, towing of the vehicle at your cost and removal of parking privileges.
By signing the application/contract, Applicant and Parent/Guardian affirm that they have read the above listed parking policies. Applicant and Parent/Guardian recognize that student parking at Akins High School is a privilege and both agree to abide by the parking policies.