6/5/17 - 6/9/17 = 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Out of office on 6/9/17 presenting at Austin Ed Summit)
6/12/17 - 6/15/17 = 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (District closes Fridays during the summer)
7/19/17 & 7/20/17 = 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
7/24/17 - 7/27/17 = 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Out of office on 7/27/17 at Texas On-Course Leadership Institute)
7/31/17 - 8/4/17 = 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Out of office on 8/4/17 for Campus Leadership Team Retreat)
8/7/17 - 8/10/17 = 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (District closes Friday during the summer)
SENIORS/CLASS OF 2017
- Beginning JUNE 6th - Diplomas will be ready for pick-up
- The LAST WEEK OF JUNE - Final transcripts will be ready
- For questions regarding diplomas or transcripts, contact the registrar's office: 512-841-9900 or 9914 or 9918
- If you need TSI test scores prior to the last week of June, SEND AN EMAIL TITLED: "TSI Score Request" to Ms. Simmons @ firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT SUMMER DATES
- June 14th = TSI Testing
- June 15th = Simmons' last official 2016-17 calendar day
- July 1st = APPLY TEXAS application opens! https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX
- July 19th = TSI Testing
- July 26th = TSI Testing
- July 28th = DEADLINE to register for August SAT test without late fee penalty
- July 31st - August 3rd = Soaring Eagles Boot Camp (details to come ...)
- August 4th = DEADLINE to register for September ACT without late fee penalty
- August 15th = FINAL DEADLINE to register for August SAT test
- August 18th = FINAL DEADLINE to register for September ACT test
- August 21st = FIRST DAY OF 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR!
OTHER Testing Information:
- We will hold 3 TSI testing sessions this summer on 6/14/17, 7/19/17 & 7/26/17
- The test will be held in the College & Career Center (room 146)
- Students do not need to sign-up/register
- Testing will begin at 10:30 promptly - and will end at 4:00pm
- Students get their results at the end of their test session
- Students can take up to all 3 sections of the test in one day
- Students may also take the test at any ACC campus for a fee of $11/section
- See the TSI section of our website for more information regarding details of TSI testing
TSI Test Scores
- SENIORS needing TSI test scores for college/university - TSI SCORES WILL BE ON YOUR FINAL TRANSCRIPT - if you need them prior to getting your final transcript, you need to send an EMAIL REQUEST to Ms. Simmons @ email@example.com
SAT & ACT Tests
- Students may begin registering for the upcoming school year's tests
- Students (who qualify for free/reduced lunch) may come to the CCC for fee waivers
- Visit the following websites for dates and details:
Follow us on social media for updates:
HAVE A QUESTION?
SEND US A TEXT!
JOIN US ON REMIND!
Remind Accounts (text these codes to #81010):
- Class of 2017 = @46ae9f
- Class of 2018 = @kh6he
- Class of 2019 = @7ack22
- Class of 2020 = @h94eg
- Class of 2021 = @ekc26
Congratulations Class of 2017!
The Akins High School College & Career Center (CCC) is here to serve your post-secondary education needs. The CCC assists students register for college entrance exams, explore major and career options, apply for financial aid, and select higher education institutions of best fit.
Meet the Advisers!
Mrs. Sarah Simmons (Room 146)
Ms. Erika Montoya (Room 146)
We look forward to meeting you this year!
NEED THE AISD GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP FORM FOR AN APPLICATION YOU'RE WORKING ON? HERE IT IS!