Welcome to the Akins Boys Basketball
Athletes in the basketball period (2nd/4th/8th) must have an updated physical form completed and turned in to the trainers office in order to participate in ANY physical activity. Form is available for download on the upper right part of this page. You may also pick up a form from the trainers office or my office.
- Tryouts are October 28, 2017 from 8:00a-9:30a for freshman (non-football AND non-basketball freshman currently in 2nd period), JV and Varsity.
- Tryouts are October 30, 2017 during 2nd period for freshman football players AND freshman players currently in basketball 2nd period.
- Must have an updated and completed physical turned in to the trainers prior to October 25, 2017.
- Must pass 1st six weeks and passing 2nd six weeks progress reports to be considered for the team (students can still tryout if failing 2nd six weeks progress reports and passed 1st six weeks).
- Must meet with Coach Culver no later than October 24, 2017 by 4:30pm.
- Must have appropriate attire for tryouts ex: shirt, athletic shorts, and basketball shoes.
**Due to limited availability on the Freshman, JV and Varsity level, teams will only be able to carry a certain amount of players**